cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3620 Won't print on 8 X 11 glossy paper?

CopoCraft
Apprentice

I have the cannon MG 3620 and I am trying to get it to print on 8 x 11 glossy type paper for stickers. The standard printing for normal paper works but the ink just sits on top of the paper and doesn't fully absorb and smudges off even a day after letting it dry. I did research that I need to print on glossy type photo setting so it won't smudge. Now when I select any type of glossy paper or any different setting that "plain paper" in the print settings it will act like its printing and make sounds like it's printing but nothing ever prints out on the page. The printer can apparently print 4 x 6 images so I don't understand why it can't print on an 8 x 11. I have tried many different option download all the proper drivers and cannon apps and select glossy but will only print anything if its normal paper. Is this something this model just won't do or am I screwing something up. Is there a work around that I can change a setting so it doesn't use as much ink wile printing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Your printer is a dye-ink printer - think colored water. Photo paper is specially coated to absorb the ink. Depending on the sticker paper you are using it might not be designed to use dye ink. It could be for a laser printer or a dye-sub printer. Do you have a data sheet for the paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements