cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Canon PIXMA model to support Windows Vista?

LDDM
Contributor

I am using a Canon PIXMA MG2520 with Windows Vista SP2. I wanted to use the latest Canon PIXMA — whether wired or wireless (preferably wireless) compatible with my operating system. To that end, I looked for information regarding a purchased Canon PIXMA TR4522; however, it is not compatible with Windows Vista.

What is the last Canon PIXMA model to support Windows Vista?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have found the one model left that has Vista drivers. Pixma MG3620. Comes in black or white, wireless & all in one. 
if you are in the US, check Best Buy, in the UK check Argos. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CariM
Contributor

I think you should be looking for a used Canon printer. Vista, as lovely as it was, is now 15 years old (release date 30 Jan 2007). You’re looking at an MG model from the 3000 series & higher. If you want a nice new printer, you’re looking at upgrading the Windows operating system. 

I loved Vista. I skipped 8.0 & 8.1 but did go to 10 & am now on 11. As good as it was, it’s no longer supported since 2017.

Thank you so much for your suggestion; however, I do not mind purchasing a new Canon printer as long as it supports my favorite operating system.

Are you saying to me that Canon PIXMA printers released after 2017 no longer support Windows Vista? This would help me to narrow my search. At any rate I really want a modern (preferably wireless) printer for Windows Vista. I only print documents and photos from my MG2520 using the WPF Print Path, but I am not sure of the support for this in later printers. Thank you for loving Windows Vista at the time.

I am doing more research and I will let you know.

I have found the one model left that has Vista drivers. Pixma MG3620. Comes in black or white, wireless & all in one. 
if you are in the US, check Best Buy, in the UK check Argos. 

Thank you so much for this! It even supports the WPF Print Path! Thanks to you, I intend to buy this model from Best Buy. Black, of course. I will let you know when I buy it!

Would you please be willing to offer your amazing assistance again? I am now looking for the last wired PIXMA model for Windows Vista (for when I do not need a network connection). I thought the PIXMA MG3620 supported optional USB connectivity, but it does not seem to do so.

I do not mind owning additional printers since they would all support Windows Vista.

Hello again. I apologize for my post that was made before this one, the one asking you about the last to support wired connectivity. If I recall, I did not see this information at all on Canon's website for the MG3620, but this model does support wired connectivity (though a USB cable is not provided in the box). Thank you again, so much, for your help.

Announcements