cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular sized pics on Pixma MG5220?

dairon920
Apprentice

Is it possible to print irregularly sized pictures on the Pixma MG5220, i.e. sizes that are not manufacturer preset, like 4"x4", 8 1/2"x 11", etc? Thus far the only work around I have found is to copy and paste the image into PowerPoint, adjust the size of the slide to the desired size, crop and resize the image to fit, then print onto a larger paper size and trim off excess for smaller prints. (No, I don't have photoshop. 😛 ) This is okay, but very picky and time consuming, and generally requires a few failed prints before working out. Plus, of course, 8 1/2 x 11 is a no-go. Is there a direct work around from the usual photo viewing/Windows Gallery side? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi dairon920,

You can  set a custom paper size in the driver directly.  You won't be able to print a borderless picture with this method, so you might still need to do some trimming but it should still hopefully bring your porcess down a few steps.  To set a custom paper size, go into the Print menu in Powerpoint and next to the printer's name you should have a button that will either say Printer Properties, Printer Setup, or Printer Preferences depending on which version of Powerpoint you have.  Once you are in the printer driver settings, go to Page Setup and in the drop down menu for Paper Size you should see Custom Paper Size.  When you click that it'll let you type in the dimensions of the paper you are using. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements