cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP8720 error code 6A81

laubstein
Apprentice

Have a ~30 month old pixma ip8720 and it stopped working.  Got error code 6a81.  Uploaded new drivers (win7 x64), no joy.  Powered off 60 seconds, pressed "on button" 5x with power off and repowered - no joy.  Cleaned the print heads - no joy - noticed that the printer tank lights do not light up.  When powering on, on flashed white 9x,  then orange flash - white flash about 10x, rest and repeat orange-white.  

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your error:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : iP8700 series : 6A81

Error Code Reference for this model:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : iP8700 series : If an Error Occurs

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.  I was wrong,  it flashed 10 times orange-white which means, "An error requiring you to contact the service center has occurred.". This is not a lot of help. 

Wondering if anyone has solved this by other means, because the service center route will  cost $50 just to say hello and then shipping each way is likely another $50-$100 total or I will be into a used machine for $100-$150 before the repair starts for a printer that cost me $180, 34 months ago.   

Hello,

You would qualify for the Canon upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements