cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently switched to Windows 7. I don't have my Mx922 start menu. Cant scan.

Saladbar
Apprentice

I'm having issues with my Canon Pixma mx922 all in one.  I recently upgraded to windows 7, now I dont have my quick start menu, and it won't scan. Help!!

3 REPLIES 3

Saladbar
Apprentice

I'm having issues with my Canon Pixma mx922 all in one.  I recently upgraded to windows 7, now I dont have my quick start menu, and it won't scan. Help!! I can't find my CD rom that came with it.

Hi, Saladbar!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi Saladbar,

Since you have changed operating systems, we recommend installing the latest drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the page to select your printer model.  Once your printer model is entered in the box shown, please click the GO button to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the printer.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Below the red box labeled DRIVERS, locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, the box will change to a red box labeled DOWNLOAD.  Please click on the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the file download.

3.  Once the MP DRIVERS have been downloaded, please click on the box labeled SOFTWARE on the page and download the desired files from the SOFTWARE section.

4.  Once all files have been downloaded, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be on your computer and then double-click on each the files and follow the prompts to install them on your computer.  Please start with the MP DRIVERS file.  The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements