cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an S9000 printer ink issue

goatgirl
Apprentice

Just changed out the color cartridges.  Run the test and everything but the black is working.  Have run thru several testing pages in black ink only, and still no black.  The color basin reservoir has color.  This is a new cartridge and when I take it out and squeeze it, the sponge on the underside will change.

Any suggestions on how to get the black to work again?

I also ran the nozzel test and nothing came up as well.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

EricD
Apprentice

The first thing to check is if the vent is fully open. The vent is open when you tear off the plastic at the top of the cartridge. Sometimes it doesn't open completely and creates a vacuum inside the cartridge which prevents the ink from coming out. It could happen that you have a defective cartridge. Then try another cartridge. I haven't seen any genuine cartridges with defects, but third-party cartridges aren't as well built).

If you haven't used the printer in a while (especially in dry winter weather), you may have some dry ink in the printhead. Multiple head cleanings usually solve that.

If nothing work, some people have used a tiny bit of distilled water on the head to dissolve dried ink. I can't endorse this suggestion as it potentially could damage the head. But I've been known to do things like that as a last resort.

I have removed the cartridge to inspect (Canon 6).  Upon comparing it to the others in the printer that are working, I see no difference in the tops of the cartridge.

I can touch the bottom part of the cartridge and do get ink on my finger.  When I first started to attempt my print job, it was printing parts of the script, but was indistinguishable and rapidly got worse.  It's been maybe a couple of weeks since I used the printer.  I will continue cleaning the head. I'm not getting any error messages upon completion.

In addition to, I just removed all of the cartridges and the silver bit that each rests upon, shows color ink present for the color of cartridge in that slot.  There is minimal color for the black, in comparison to the other colors.

The cleaning options the printer give me are: Cleaning, Deep Cleaning.

I ran each of these followed by Nozzle Check.  No error message received, but yet no black ink.

Thank you for your suggestions EricD.

Hello goatgirl.

Unfortunately, if the issue persists after cleanings have been performed, the unit may require service for correction.

Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this particular issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements