cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant find my WPS Pin.

Sclayton199422
Apprentice
I lost my manually for my printer and cant find the WPS pin anywhere on my printer. Help please!!!! It's a canon pixma printer Ts3122.
12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I just posted to another thread where someone was basically having a similar issue. 

Your printer supports 3 connection methods:

USB

Wireless Direct

Wireless LAN

If you are not familiar withese these terms, I recommend revieweing your produtc's manual for complete details.

Reconfiguration requires that you have connection to the printer, if you do not, you need to use a USB cable and run the set up or installation media again (CD or Installation files) from the Canon support site.

My advice, connect your printer to your Wireless LAN (if availalable).  The wireless direct option is more limited in function.  If you connect your printer to the Wireless Lan, any device which connects to your network can print easily.

If however your one machine is the only device that will be used for printing, the wireless direct menthod will also work.  The choice is yours.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Sclayton199422.

Depending on the model number of your router, you may need to use the WPS PIN code to connect the printer to the network. Please follow the steps at the link below to view the WPS PIN:

Connecting Your Printer to a Wireless LAN (WPS PIN Code)

If you continue to experience an issue, or need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So, the last 2 repsonders seemed to ignore key elements of the initial question unless the answer is: you have to have the manual. Because without it you do not have a WPS Pin #?

If *the manual is lost*, which is what I am dealing with now, there is no WPS Pin alternative? *My mom's M118 printer does not have a display screen.*

I can find steps to find the WPS by going through a menu to display on the screen, but in this case there is no screen. Is there a generic WPS Pin or any answer that keeps us from buying a new printer?

So - yeah... any thoughts? Thank you and pretty please.

Hi, scotters1964!  Based on the model number you mentioned, it sounds like the printer you need help with isn't made by Canon.  We recommend contacting its manufacturer for help with it as the information provided here is specific to Canon printers.

Have a great day!

Pleasae see this label. Is there any hope? Do I need to rewrite my request or will you scroll bac the last 2 entries?

I need the WP Pin for network printing since we do not have the manual. I cannot seem to find it.

the label

I know people get busy, but at this point I am feeling ignored. Maybe my expectations are too high. That is my problem.

Since my post was dismissed by a moderator earlier today I am a bit concerned and will drop it if there is no answer. I have to deal with people every day and I know it is tough. I am not likely to look into getting another Canon if there are other options if support is unreliable.

Granted, this printed is a dinosaur, but its my moms and I am trying to help her get it running.

Hi again, scotters1964! Thanks for the photo of the label on your printer and for confirming that it's a Canon product. While we haven't made a product with the "M118" designation that you mentioned previously, this label references Canon product number K10393 which corresponds to the Canon PIXMA MG3500 series which we do support.

Check out THIS LINK for information on wireless setup options specific to your printer.

We hope this helps!

Thank you for the help. I had something completely wrong in the process of trying to figure this out. I got this completely jacked up with wrong info on my home network ... so I wish I could go back and delete all my posts and start over. Thank you anyway for your time. 

You were right about the M1118 item I saw. I assumed that was the printer that was in the house. We are in the Styx ... like way out there. There has to be another printer that is an HP out there somewhere and I was not smart enough to pick up on it. 

The printer is the MG3500 and according to the properties is on and ready to go but I cannot find it on the network at all.

The manual seems to say that the only way to print to it is by email ... or a direct phsyical connection. Because my mom is disabled and cannot stand next to the printer to print I was really focused on getting the network side of it setup but this is not panning out.... yet.

I tried to see if she had a Canon account but the site for that says she does not exist. How was she printing before wirelessly? (rhetorical?) 

I would go back in time and start over if I could. Sorry if I came across as an a$$... I am good at that some times. Thanks again.. not sure what to do. Will go through the manuals you sent me. Not sure if I can get this going. 

It's all good.  If you need additional help, our US-based support squad will be happy to provide it.  Make sure the printer is registered HERE to access all of your support options including live chat and our toll-free number.

Glad we could help!

Announcements