cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought an MG3650 inkjet printer today. Setup does not work "File not found" from CD or Web.

LezLezLez
Apprentice

I run "Setup.exe" from either the supplied CD or from Canon web support.  In both cases I get repeated messages from the setup sequence "File not found".  The XP Copy command used by Setup.exe shows a filename that does not appear on the CD.  Where can I get a clean setup and install please?  I am using XP SP3 which is reported as OK for this printer.
As aconsequence I do not yet have Scanner functionality, and probably some other things too.  I do have a single page print function though.  Partial success!

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi LezLezLez,

The PIXMA MG3650 is sold only in Europe, and is not available in the US.  Support for this model is available HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Three points:-

Firstly, I got your reply - thanks - but it says to use the website Setup.exe procedure, which had also caused the bugs to which I refer.  So, I have not tried it again, because ...

Secondly, I installed the various components from the supplied CD by accessing each application function individually, and using the setup.exe files found in each one.

Finally, I have just replied to a Canon Website Survey request and noted that I have been confused (I think) as there are two sites in which I am interested.  One in the USA site for access to forums (as here), and one in Europe for product support.  It would be helpful if this could be clearly identified and cross-linked on the necessary web pages.

Thanks for this contact.

Announcements