cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print transparent stickers on pixma mx920

AelionDraws
Apprentice

Im not sure if anyone here can help with this but im trying to print stickers on transparent paper but the ink comes out really transparent, is there a way I can make the ink more opaque? A solution I saw was having a white base so the ink wouldnt show through but is it possible for my printer to do that? 

3 REPLIES 3

lindsaygrr
Apprentice

Not too many "sticker" folks on here....mine prints sometimes and then sometimes not.  rather than paying them $20 for consult fees I will buy a different brand printer (mine is 8 yrs old) and rid my headaches of this company!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The printer uses dye ink (think colored water). Maybe you can find non-transparent sticker paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

Inkjet inks are transparent. Just like the dye layers in photographic prints. Just like the inks used on a printing press to do "process color" printing. Just like color filters.

An inkjet printer cannot put down an opaque white background. What you need is an opaque white print medium with adhesive backing. That is inkjet compatible. There is white plastic inkjet media used by sign makers, comes in wide rolls. Has adhesive backing. I don't know if it is available in small sheets.

Announcements