cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print 3.75 x 5.75 on 4x6

varxtis
Contributor

Earlier I posted a thread with a question regarding Ailignment, but I think I over complicated the question.

Does anyone know how I can print a 3.75" x 5.75" on a 4x6 card?

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi Varxtis!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact model printer you are using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Im really sorry about that, that was a major mental brownout on my part.

Its

Canon Pixma MG7520

Running win 10 Home 64-bit

Beyond that, I don't know what would be helpful.

Hi varxtis,

To print a 3.75" x 5.75" image on 4" x 6" paper, a third party program such as Adobe Photoshop is recommended.  In this program you can specify the exact image size and then select the paper size you wish to print on.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your assistance and Im sorry for the delayed response.

I did as you suggested and printed through Photoshop. Scale wise, the outcome was much better, almost perfect. The only problem was that the impage was not crip, and the colors are quite bit more saturated and darker.

Immediately after printing through Photoshop I printed the exact same image through Windows Photo Viewer. The size was definitely shorter... so in that respect, Photoshop wins. But through Windows Photo Viewer the color and crispness is perfect.

Ultimately, I need to be able to print these with out the use of photoshop. Pretend I don't have Photoshop. What now?

Hello.

The color differences may be related to color profile issues with the image as a result of editing.  Try starting with the original image to see if the results are better.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

varxtis
Contributor
When I printed through Photoshop I used the PNG and did not "edit" the image. I printed the same PNG through Photoshop as i did through Windows Photo Viewer. When you say "original image" are you referring to the PNG or Photoshop File? Regardless of any of this, I need to know how to get the desired results regardless of what program I'm going through. The "border" thing is still a big issue too regardless of if I'm printing through Photoshop or WPV. Keeping the borders on, the image is scaled down in order to stay within the border. If I go borderless, the image is scaled up beyond the edges of the paper. This is extremely extremely frustrating. There has GOT to be a way to print a crisp image of the image in the size I need (3.75 x 5.75). Why can't I control the thickness of the border or the margins. If I try adjusting the margins, all it does as scales up the image within the borders. So the borders themselves don't change, it just cuts off the image.
Announcements