cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the scan resolution on the canon print inkjet/selphy Android application?

Basel
Apprentice

Hello to everybody. I recently purchased the Canon PIXMA MX495 and I am wondering how could I increase the scan resolution on the canon print inkjet/selphy Android application?
Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How much resolution are you looking for?  The maximum scanner resolution is a physical limitation that is determined by the scanning hardware.  You can always scan at lower resolutions [for smaller file sizes] than the listed maximum, but you cannot arbitrarily dial in a higher resolution than what the hardware is capable of producing.

Think of it as top speed from an automobile.  If the rated top speed is 100 MPH, then you can always drive at speeds slower than that.  But, you cannot expect it to go 200MPH, even if you do install a speed gauge that goes that high.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you very much for your reply. 300 dpi scan resolution will fine for me , but the Android application for the pixma mx495 scans by default in a really low resolution and I do not know how exactly to adjust it.

@Basel wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply. 300 dpi scan resolution will fine for me , but the Android application for the pixma mx495 scans by default in a really low resolution and I do not know how exactly to adjust it.

I do not have that scanner/printer, nor do I have an Android device.  I would suspect that it might default to a lower resolution to save on file size.  Text documents do not require high resolution, but images do.

Isn't there a HELP function associated with the application?  Instruction manual?

Unfortunately there's nothing at the instructions, at the settings of the scanning option they are two data formats which the user can choose: jpeg or PDF, but there isn't any option about the resolution. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.canon.bsd.ad.pixmaprint

It seems that by default the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY Android application scans in 120 DPI , unfortunately the application does not provide any option for adjusting the scanning resolution. It seems that the only way for scanning in higher resolution is through the Canon's TWAIN (scan gear), but of course this requires the connection of the MX495 with a computer through a USB cable 😞

You may try calling Canon U.S. Support, too, 1-800-OK-CANON.  It's a free call, and they can walk you through it.

Announcements