cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix "Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection"

wealthychef
Apprentice

I'm using OS X and have a brand new Pixma E410 which I purchased just now.  I live in Thailand.  I'm getting the following error when I try to install the drivers.  Yes, the printer is plugged in and yes I have an internet connection.  

I'm very frustrated.   How do I actually get support for this thing

CleanShot 2021-02-02 at 17.05.01@2x.png

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Be sure you select the correct "OSX" version from the drop down so you get the correct driver version:

Support - PIXMA E410 - Canon Malaysia (my.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well thanks for replying.  I figured it what I was doing wrong.  I forgot where I was, Thailand, and I was going to the American website and it only offers up the packaged downloader there.  If you go to the Thai Canon website example canon Thai website  it lets you search out each component and so I was able to install all I needed that way.  It worked out..

Glad it helped.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements