cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear paper jam in MX922?

jckny
Apprentice

101 paper that came with the printer into the wrong tray. I fed it into the regular tray. Now I got the error message that said there's a paper jam inside. I've opened all the doors and trays that I could find but I didn't see the papers. I can't see the manual online for some reasons and Canon's help line is closed at this time. I couldn't finished setting up the CD driver because of the error message on the printer. I'm truely stuck. 

Does anyone know how to clear up paper jam in MX922? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Ramona
Authority

Hi jckny,

Please click on the word "Troubleshooting" located at the link below to view video instruction on removing paper jams and obstructions from the printer. 

PIXMA MX922 Instructional Video - Removing Paper Jams and Obstructions

I hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

> PIXMA MX922 Instructional Video - Removing Paper Jams and Obstructions

The videos for troubleshooting are in its own tab, which the URL above itself doesn't take us to; I had to manually click the tab.

jbrooks
Contributor

If anyone else has nonfunctional printer due to a paper jam error code, and you've tried everything else, and the code won't go away-- here's something else to try:  

Turn off the printer, remove the trays, manually feed the edge of a sheet of cardstock into the paper pickup rollers (gently),  replace the trays, and turn the printer on.  

The startup procedure will pick up the cardstock and run it all the way through the system, hopefully clearing out the pathway.    Worked for me--  http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/I-fixed-my-persistent-1311-error-pap...

You are a genius!  I didn't have card stock so I cut the tab of a file folder and followed your directions.  When I turned the printer back on, out came the folder with a little piece of paper.  Mind you, I have been trying to clear this thing for 3 hours!

Thanks!!!

Holy moly...this worked like a charm! You are a genius! I never would have thought of that. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this fabulous tip...I'll remember it for the future!

Do you put the cardstock in the front or rear?

fluffhoney
Apprentice

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/how-to-video-library/how-...

Try this link.  It took many tries, but I actually found the video (Video Libraries).  The link  in the first e-mail response did not work, only showed a sales video.

BeckyGiff
Apprentice
I know this thread is old but this is the only thing that worked to clear the paper jam error message! My 7-year-old had put index cards into the main paper tray. I printed something and one came out, but apparently two remained inside the paper pathway. I could not see them at all no matter where I searched, I was beginning to think the paper jam message was a sensor error or something. I followed the advice of jbrooks and it worked!!

My technique was a bit different, because I couldn’t get the card stock to feed via the paper tray. So, I turned the printer around, removed the cover on the back, manually fed the card stock into the rear feed as much as I could, and pushed the power button to turn the printer off. During the shut-down process the card stock was picked up and run through, ejecting the two elusive index cards! When I turned the power back on it worked perfectly! So happy I don’t need to buy a new printer!!
Announcements