cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Scan on macOS Mojave 10.14.1 with Canon MX870

jfahim
Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty scanning from my MX870 ever since I upgraded my macbook pro to Mojave. It seems the MP Navigator software no longer works on this system and the replacement software "My Image Garden" is not allowing me to scan. The icon is grayed out. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pjb904
Apprentice

(an) answer is easy - as usual Apple have already supplied a utility that is simple and way better than the silly Image Garden thing.

Just look in your Applications folder for ImageCapture. This sees and controls my MX725 for scanning.

Works for me 🙂

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jfahim,

The PIXMA MX870 is not supported with macOS v10.14, as drivers and software are not available.  At this time, there are no plans to make these items available.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, your answer is not acceptable as a solution.  I guess for scanning, the solution is to buy a new printer/scanner but I can promise you it won't be a Canon.

Yes not acceptable. What jss_sj said. Not Canon for next printer

I cannot find the Scan Option on Image Garden version 3.6.3.  Is it available for Mojave?

pjb904
Apprentice

(an) answer is easy - as usual Apple have already supplied a utility that is simple and way better than the silly Image Garden thing.

Just look in your Applications folder for ImageCapture. This sees and controls my MX725 for scanning.

Works for me 🙂

Thanks so much!

Hi pjb904,

When I first loaded Mohave, I wasn't able to get ImageCapture to see the Canon no matter what I tried.  Your reply promted me to try one more time.  With everything removed related to Canon I added Canon's IJ Network Tool and used that to locate the printer.  Then I added the Canon printer in my Printer & Scanners setup window.  Lo and behold, the scan option is now available in the setup window where before it wasn't (was grayed out).  One of the Mohave updates must have made an improvement here because it definitely wasn't available before.  I checked simple scanning from the Printers and Scanners setup window and it worked fine, including using the page feed option.  Opening ImageCapture, it now also sees the Canon so I have multiple options available now (no thanks to Canon!).

Thanks for replying and getting me to try one more time!

Joe

Thanks so much, Joe - basic scanning, but it works! Saved the day for me.

I have new mac mini M1 with Big Sur 11.2.3 and trying to MX870 via and using scanner.  I searched high and low and found something that worked for me to connect wifi and using scanner by running this mac OS x.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252224926

Announcements