cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I could make scan work

Tonchan
Apprentice

I got Canon MX-492 and installed the latest firmware, drivers, and utility software. I could make print  and access to the embedded Web server  (EWS) work. However, I had to spend several days to make scan work.

After doing the following steps, scan started to work .

1. Wi-Fi connecton was enabled by using WPS button on the router. Although I wanted to use the Standard method for Wi-Fi connection as it is used by all of our other devices, entering a password by using the console of MX-492 is very difficult.

2. I removed the password for the administrator of the EWS by selecting Security on its home page  The default administrator name is "ADMIN" and the default password was "canon".

3.I tried to perform scan by using IJ Scan Utility, but it failed. Therefore, I activated it by using Canon Quick Menu by going to 

Start at lower left of Desktop > C > Canon Utilities > Quick Menu > Canon Quick Menu > Scan > Auto or Photo or ...

You may try these steps in reverse order as I do not know which step is crucial. If anyone finds the fundamental cause of the problem, let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

Tonchan
Apprentice

The error message when I use IJ Scan Utility is
-- Scanner is turned off.
-- USB cable is disconnedted.

However, it is easy to see that scanner is turned  on from the green power-on light.
Further, I am using Wi-Fi connection and the USB cable  is not used. Even when the USB cable is used, IP Scan Utility fails.

Hi Tonchan,

What is the error code that appears at the bottom of the error message when you attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements