cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Canon Pixma MG2220 has no response when I select print or try a test page

Tiffany11x
Apprentice

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG2220 printer for my home. When I installed the software and hooked it up to my laptop (toshiba with windows 7) and selected 'print' to try it out, nothing happens. The display just keeps flashing oddly like in a circle and nothing prints. When i tried a test print to diagnose the problem, nothing also. I tried several times yesterday and when I turned the printer on today it spit out the test page from yesterday. Am I missing something? I don't really know much about printers or drivers... Is it something simple that I keep overlooking?

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Tiffany11x,

The spinning symbol you see is the printer processing your data from the computer.  Since it is taking a long time to print a test page, we could be dealing with a communication issue.  Have you tried a different USB cable?  A shorter good quality cable around 4 feet is ideal.  Also, try connecting the printer to different USB ports on your computer to see if that helps.

Finally, to ensure that the hardware is functioning properly, make a basic black and white copy with your PIXMA MG2220.  Keep an eye out for the spinning symbol again.  A normal copy should only take a few minutes to process.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements