cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 Mac OS Big Sur will not print photos on photo paper

daklein19
Apprentice

I have a problem trying to print photos using photo paper with my/your G6020. I'm running Mac OS Big Sur and as far as I can fathom my drivers are up to date and current. I must set the media type to "Plain Paper" to print a photo. If I select "Plain Paper" the result are as follows: seemingly correct color printing on the left and right sides of the print with desaturated color in the middle and 1/4 " to 3/8"  vertical bands. When I tried to print a photo with "Photo  Paper"media selected the G6020 would get hung up with the blue job window progress bar bouncing back and forth with "Printing - Connected to printer" displayed. If, at this point I launch System Preferences "Printers & Scanners" then click on the "Options & Supplies" button, then click on "Show Printer Web Page", then login; and then execute a print photo command, I get "Printer Status" - 'An Error has occurred' showing Support Code 2114 (The size or type of the loaded paper is different from the print settings. Check the loaded paper.). I have yet to find a "Photo Paper" setting on the G6020's LCD interface, and there is absolutely nothing incorrect with the paper I have loaded into the cassette drawer. If there is a photo paper setting on the G6020 I have yet to find it. Without inspecting the loaded paper in the drawer, all I have to do to get the photo to print, is to change the media type back to plain paper. At this point I'm back to vertical bands and desaturated color.

My last thoughts are that your website "GUI" is terrible and your Customer to Canon interface is the worst that I've had the displeasure to experience. I've used Canon printers exclusively for over 35 years. My recent experience with your lack of tools for me to personally solve the day to day problems that might arise with MY printer, without having to login to your AI Bot Interface, only add to the frustration and ire the I have and feel for your products.

Hoping you are well,

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk, daklein - 30 Aug '24

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are on a Mac have you verified that you have installed the Canon IJ Series driver and not the Apple AirPrint driver?

Screenshot 2024-08-31 141344.jpg

Canon Support for PIXMA G6020 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

First, allow me to thank-you for your timely response, but I fail to see how the "IJ scanning drive can solve my issue. To answer your question, though, I did have the IJ driver installed, but I did download the current (newer) version. It also didn't help. I also had the Canon Easy-Photo Editor installed, though I have never used it(until today). I've always opened the Mac Photo app installed with the Mac OS when I wanted to print a photo. I have had no reason to print a photo since I upgraded to the G6020. In the past I'd just double click the jpeg (in Mac's Photo app)that I wanted to print and Bob's your uncle. No Fuss, No Muss! Today when I used the Easy-Photo Editor what the printer delivered was even worse than when I didn't use the Canon app! The GUI sucks here!

Thank-you for your time.daklein_Truck Scan.jpg

Announcements