cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6000 Inkjet - Yellow No Longer Printing

danomer
Apprentice

All colors have worked beautifully since installing.  Suddenly, yellow has stopped working.  Tank is half full.  Clean and Deep Clean has been done multiple times.  No change.  Removed the color print head and can see a yellow liguid bubble at the nozzle which would seem to indicate the tube is not clogged.  Before trying Flush was wondering if the problem could be with the color print head?

12 REPLIES 12

I understand your frustration. I feel the same way.   

I'm one of those **bleep** people who likes to be prepared well in advance for anything that I can conceive happening .  Since the pandemic I feel evem more urgency about buying "staples" before I'll need them.  I wish had known about this issue sooner. 

The ink is so cheap compared to cartridges, and has a long shelf life so I don't think it's stretch to get more ink before the levels drops to those dots.  

Ironically, when I bought my printer from Staples this spring, I tried to buy refill ink with the printer.  They didn't have ANY of the inks for this printer in their local store.  They didn't have any online either, so I bought it online to save myself a 20 mile trip.  Staples is a division of Quill, and shares its warehouse. Quill service more than 1 million small and midsize business customers. 

Now the store has some ink, but only stocks the 3 pack of color inks. From past experience I know that I use colkored inks at radically different rates, so I prefer buying them individually. Quill doesn't charge for shipping, so imo, it's worth paying $0.01 more per bottle of ink to save +$3/gallon of gas -and an hour of my time.  That's more than the cost of the inks. 

Oh, and here we go again. First magenta dropped out, then repeated cleaning/deep cleaning left me with onnly black and cyan. My current thinking is this printer is specifically designed to make the customer so mad at ink tank printers that we go back to the bitsy doll-house-sized cartidges that last a week. 

carpemundi
Apprentice

G6000 printer. All tanks more than half full. Only CYAN will print. Never will I ever get a Canon printer again. I am looking into alternatives that do not mislead people about ink usage and are not designed to fail. 

Announcements