cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3260A Power cord detached during setup during inkload, how to get to Initializing Ink System?

PrinterNewbie1
Apprentice

Setup problem: I inserted the print heads, turned the printer on, selected language English, and successfully loaded all ink. But sometime during the ink load, the power cord became detached.

After the ink load it is supposed to say "Is the ink loaded?" (confirm box yes or no) and then "Initializing ink system." But I can't get to that step, it's stuck on "language selection - English" and goes around and around in circles on that.

Can I use the Menu button to get to the initialization? That button currently seems to do nothing, nor can I make the other buttons respond. (Separate issue: I don't know what those buttons are and have not found any documentation saying what they are.)

Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PrinterNewbie1
Apprentice

I just got through to Canon. Turns out I was just pressing the wrong button. I thought I was supposed to hit "OK" but I was supposed to use the left arrow for "yes" and THEN "ok" lol. Thanks anyway! At least I got the printer all registered, etc. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try canceling the install program and restarting the process?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I would love to do that but there's no (obvious) way that I can see to do that. There's no install button. You turn on the printer and it immediately shows "select language - English (ok)" etc. It loads automatically. I can't see where I might have any control over it. I tried turning the printer off and back on, but it keeps reverting to that. It seems actually to be starting over again, but how can I get it to the point of realizing that I've loaded the ink? That part, too, supposedly (according to the setup manual) happens automatically after you load the ink. The printer somehow "knows" that you've done it and comes back with "Is the ink loaded? (Y)") and if yes, proceeds to "Initialize ink system." How can I fake it out to think I'm loading the ink again? It's all full. Can't load any more. Thank you!

p.s. I'm not even installing it yet. Haven't gotten that far. It's just the setup of the printer itself, nothing to do with installing it on the computer. And this is just step 2!

PrinterNewbie1
Apprentice

I just got through to Canon. Turns out I was just pressing the wrong button. I thought I was supposed to hit "OK" but I was supposed to use the left arrow for "yes" and THEN "ok" lol. Thanks anyway! At least I got the printer all registered, etc. 

Announcements