cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3200 deep cleaning of printer head not working

cjensan
Apprentice

Hello All, 
I have a G3200 printer and if I press and hold the stop button till the light flashes 2x it will move the printer head and do a cleaning. But if I hold it till it flashes 3x for a deep clean the orange and power light flash alternating and nothing else happens. It never completes a clean this way and will sit like this for hours. 

Any suggestions? 
Also is there any way to manually clean the color nozzles as I can only get it to print in black. 

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

It sounds like the printer is going into an error state when trying to perform a deep clean. I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

cjensan
Apprentice

I have resolved this. Apparently the deep clean procedure on the site is incorrect. You have to let the orange light flash 5 times then release. It did complete the deep clean and worked perfectly after that.

We're glad it worked out, cjensan!  We want to make sure the information we provide is accurate, so could you please give us a link to the page you went to?  If there's something wrong there, we want to correct it!

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166826

Clearly states 3 flashes. It needs to be released on the 5th flash.

Thanks.  We'll run it by our engineers for review!

It's still not updated on the Canon support site as of October 16, 2023.

I made an entire account just so I can like and comment on this. I just looked up the deep clean issues and just happened to come across your comment during a google search. Thanks for letting us know about this because Canon still has not updated their guidelines as of October 16, 2023. I was getting an error of 7 flashing blinks on my G3202 after flash 3 times release. *insert eye roll here* flash 5 times and release DID work to deep clean. 

rickyratchet1
Apprentice

I want to confirm the 5 flash rule. I just bought a G3200 and solid blacks were printing with a purple tint. I did the 3 flash deep clean and no changes but tried the 5 flash clean and now it's printing dark black as dark black. I'm lucky to have found this forum or I would have just lived with it.

Thanks

Ricky

Announcements