cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware updating problem for MG7720 on Mac OS, among other issues

toltrider
Contributor

I still have not resolved my issue of printer not connecting to wireless router.  Am wondering if it is a firmware issue. I downloaded the Updater App and followed instructions.  When I get to Start, start is greyed out.  On that page it say Current Software Version 2.020, Update Software Version 1.050. Printer is attached to Mac via USB cable as instructed, printer turned off then on, and all other criteria met.  What is my problem here?  

If this does not resolve so I can update firmware and ab\gain be able to print and scan wirelessly, I am dumping this printer and getting an HP. I have spent way too much time on this problem. Vert frustrated here. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your time in trying to solve my problems. I called Canon Support because nothing solved my problems. Technician does not believe older firmware is my problem, could not get it installed regardless. Due to error code and other solutions tried, it appears the network card in the printer is failing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi toltrider.

The MG7720's newer firmware updates are handled through its operation panel, and require a wireless or wired LAN connection with internet access.

If you have the WiFi password, you may connect it using the Standard Setup Method.  If the Standard Setup is unable to connect, or denies you the opportunity to enter the wifi password, then the router itself is set up to deny the printer.  If the router denies the setup, you may try the WPS PIN Code connection method. This will require you to find the WPS PIN entry option in the access point/router/modem's settings; refer to the point/router/modem's documentation and support for more information on accessing and navigating its settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your time in trying to solve my problems. I called Canon Support because nothing solved my problems. Technician does not believe older firmware is my problem, could not get it installed regardless. Due to error code and other solutions tried, it appears the network card in the printer is failing. 

Announcements