cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR MESSAGE 5100

Grumpy2019
Apprentice

Code:  5100, the ink carriage remains to the left after a paper jam.  I've shut it down and restarted.  Carriage after shut down will go to the right and then immediately to the left and remains there.  

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 

equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

My model number is MG3620,  I have looked and looked for any stray pieces of paper, and nothing, however the error message 5100 still exsists and the carriage goes to the left and remains.

I have fixed the problem.  Evidently when I was getting my strips of paper out I got ink/oil on the fine thin strip inside.  I used my headset magnifine glass, tweezer, and moist towelettes to carefully remove the ink/oil.  I know that probably wasn't a recommend solution, but it worked and the printer is back printing again.

Announcements