cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver update can't detect USB-connected MX922

rbentonattdnet
Contributor

Attempting to install August 2023 driver update. Closed all apps and disconnected printer, as per directions. Selected USB cable as connection method. Connected printed and waited for detection. "Printer not detected." Tried different cable, different USB port (even though printer had been working fine with both original). No change. Windows 10 22H2 19045.3324.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Go into device manager and scroll down to universal serial bus controllers. Click the arrow and when the menu expands, check to see if the printer is detected or if a generic printer device is detected. 

If the printer is detected, there may be a security feature blocking the computer and printer from communicating correctly. 

If the printer still wont add after adjust security settings and installing again, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Go into device manager and scroll down to universal serial bus controllers. Click the arrow and when the menu expands, check to see if the printer is detected or if a generic printer device is detected. 

If the printer is detected, there may be a security feature blocking the computer and printer from communicating correctly. 

If the printer still wont add after adjust security settings and installing again, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

rbentonattdnet
Contributor

Thanks for your information -- sorry to be so long in saying so, but I've been away for a while. Anyway, in Device Manager, under USB there are two instances of "USB Printing Support". However, under Printers, above, "Canon MX920 series Printer" is there.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements