cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3600 Series - Double-Sided Scanning & App Question

QuanB
Apprentice

Hi,

I have been using a MG3600. I always find it time-consuming whenever i scan or copy multiple-page document since i have to manually flip it over. Is there a model that can automatically scan and copy both sides of a page without me flipping it? Also, i see a lot of people mentioning IJ Scan Utility software. I wonder if it is the same as the Canon app on iPhone. 

Thank you in advance!!!

01B5DE22-014A-4EF9-AF3C-6319816A9FBE.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

IJ Scan Utility is a computer app. But, the iOS app may have scanning capability. 

In order to do what you want you need to find a printer that has duplex scanning capability.

The Canon imageFormula 40 may have that capability.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

IJ Scan Utility is a computer app. But, the iOS app may have scanning capability. 

In order to do what you want you need to find a printer that has duplex scanning capability.

The Canon imageFormula 40 may have that capability.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank your for your suggestion. I am looking for a more general use like for students, a big family, or a small business. I wonder if MB5120 is suitable for my needs. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Looks like the MB5120 has duplex scanning. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have a TR8620a and I don't get a scan option to use adf duplex scan: duplex.  Any suggestions?

I have the same printer and there is no option to do duplex. Had to do it page by page. Hopefully, they will update the app to allow this capability. 

Announcements