cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties Changing TS9020 Settings on Mac

TigerJon73
Apprentice

Hi,

I am running Catalina 10.15.2 on my Mac and am having difficulties changing the print quality slider from NORMAL to DRAFT. Here are the steps I'm taking to attempt this:

1. in Safari I click PRINT from the FILE dropdown.

2. In the print window that opens there is a dropdown about half way down the window that says SAFARI. I dropdown to set this to MEDIA & QUALITY.

3. I check the BLACK & WHITE box (this is a setting I'd like to permantly change to BW as a default).

4. I uncheck the PRINT DOUBLE SIDE box (this is a setting I'd like to print sigle side as the default).

5. The quality slider bar has three settings: DRAFT, NORMAL, and BEST. I can slide to BEST but when I slide to DRAFT the pointer goes back to NORMAL when I let off the mouse. I'd like to make the default DRAFT.

This is VERY frustrating and I don't know if this is an Apple problem or Canon. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Jon

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I cannot confirm the issue, but with an HP Envy 5660, macOS 10.15.3 and using the Safari set to print in the mode you describe, I can choose all three quality options (choosing Draft doesn't snap-back to normal).

Take a look at this driver document from Canon.  It states that print quality will differ based on what print settings you make:

TS9000 series driver 

Just some guesses here... what paper type are you using?  Have you tried printing from other applications? 

I'm also using a slightly newer OS and most likely Safari version as well.  Apple could have changed things.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What media are you trying to print on? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TigerJon73
Apprentice
Regular 8.5 x 11

Plain printer paper?

Are you selecting that media type?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, TigerJon73 and re-eos.

The print options will differe depending on if you're using the Canon-produced CUPS Printer drivers or the Apple-produced Bonjour/Airprint drivers.  If you're seeing a quality slider under Quality & Media (or Media & Quality), then you're using the Airprint drivers.

Try downloading and running the CUPS Printer Driver installation from the TS9020 Drivers & Downloads page.  Next, open the System Preferences >> Printers & Scanners list.  Remove the current Canon TS9000 series entry, then click the [ + ] at the bottom of the list. If you get a single-column menu, select Add New Printer or Scanner to open the Add window.  In the Add Window, select the "Canon TS9000 series Printer" in the upper half of the screen.  When the information populates below the printer, ensure the Use Driver drop-down is set to Canon TS9000 series.  This will ensure it's registered using the Canon-produced drivers, which will more closely match the examples in our online manual.

Information on setting and saving presets may be found at the following article in the TS9000 series Online Manual:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS9000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_profiles_save.ht...

Announcements