cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color misalignment G4200

BRog
Apprentice

Cyan seems to be shifted to the right relative to the other colors. I have tried both automated and manual alignment procedures but color printing remains unusable. Black seems fine. Any ideas what could cause this? Do I need a new color print head or is it something else?

I think the nozzle check shows the issues. The C M Y characters show the double printing and the upper cyan bar bulges to the right while the upper magenta bar bulges slightly to the left.

Nozzle.png

Here's a detail of the alignment pattern. It almost looks like it needs the 'J' correction to go way above +5. 

AlignmentDetail.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BRog
Apprentice

Follow-up: I replaced the color print head and everything is working fine now!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BRog,

To resolve this issue, please clean the encoder/timing strip inside of your printer.

To do this, please follow the steps provided in this Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART170551

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the suggestion. I went ahead and cleaned the encoder/timing strip a couple of times with isopropyl as per the instructions. I didn't actually see any dirt or grease on it. Unfortunately there wasn't any improvement.

Here is a detail of a new nozzle check showing the color offset.

AfterCleaning 1.png

Is there anything else to try?

Thanks again.

BRog
Apprentice

Follow-up: I replaced the color print head and everything is working fine now!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements