cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8620a will print wirelessly but won't scan wirelessly

meganmorris
Apprentice

As of today, I'm no longer able to use the Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 application to scan items wirelessly from my Canon TR8620a printer/scanner to my Mac (running OS 11.6.1). I've updated the printer to the latest firmware, but when I click any of the quick scan buttons I receive an error that it can't connect to the scanner. Scan Utility 2 is running version 2.3.7.

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 3.15.07 PM.png

I am connected to the internet, and so is the printer because I can print wirelessly with no issue. I've restarted the printer as well as my computer but keep getting the same message. 

I've tried reinstalling the driver for this printer, but when I try to run the setup image that's downloaded from the Canon support page it quits unexpectedly and can't be run.

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 3.19.10 PM.png

Is this printer no longer supported? I haven't had it for even a year yet.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi meganmorris,

Your PIXMA TR8620a is still supported and you can access technical support by logging into your My Canon account and clicking the Chat Support or Phone Support buttons.

Disabling IPv6 on your printer should allow you to scan again.  Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1. Please tap the Wi-Fi icon in the lower left corner of your PIXMA TR8620's display.

2. Next, select Wi-Fi.

3. Select the Advanced button at the bottom.

4. Select TCP/IP settings.

5. Select IPv6 and then Yes.

6. Select Enable/disable IPv6 and then select Disable.

Once set, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link to access your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements