cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8520- Issues with DRPD mode

osantan02
Apprentice

I've been helping a friend set up their TR8520 printer after their MX922 broke down. I've bene having trouble setting up the fax so that it behaves like it did on the MX922. I wasn't able to check the settings on the MX922, but they told me that they were able to get a distinctive ring and faxes would print out automatically without having to pick the phone up. I've been through every possible setting on the TR8520 and I haven't been able to get it to do anything with any consistency.

First when I set it to DRPD mode with a distinctive ring it will occassionally ring with a distinctive ring, but not all the time. In addition to that I have to pick up the phone that is connected to the EXT port on the printer for it to print the fax. That's despite having it set to 2 rings for the fax to automatically pick up.

Then I tried setting distinctive ring detection on. Still nothing. The phone keeps ringing no matter what.

I'm at a bit of a loss, just because I can't imagine the setting having been all that different on the MX922.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi osantan02,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please dial 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Announcements