cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8500 scanned text too light

Darkkhelmet
Apprentice

I needed to copy some documents the other day but when I did the printed pages were blank. At least they appeared that way. When I scanned to the PC I could barely see the print. Colors scan and print fine and the printer prints black and white and color properly from other sources. Is there an adjustment for B&W scans or do I toss the thing?

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Darkkhelmet.

Try making a color copy to compare.  Certain colors, particularly blues and cyans, may go light or barely visible on black and white printing or scanning.  If this problem is occurring when copying glossy/shiny media, such as magazine pages, the reflective surface may reflect the light to the point that the results are blank.

If the problem is a heavily blue/cyan/yellow original, you can try increasing the Intensity in the copy settings.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius, thanks for the suggestions. I did some further testing and several deep cleans and discovered the PGBK black ink is not functioning at all. When I print the nozzle check pattern there is absolutely nothing where pattern C should be. I replaced the PGBK cartridge but it did not solve the problem. I also checked a scan from when I discovered the issue and the actual scan is fine so this is actually a printer issue and not a scanner issue.  Is there any way to correct this since deep cleaning did not work? The printer sees very litle use and I suspect it's that lack of use that caused this issue.

Announcements