cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8500 printer won't use the new blue colour ink that Canon makes for this printer. 281 PB -

marjon
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon package of inks for my Canon TR8500 printer from Amazon.  These are genuine Canon inks.  All the cartridges are marked 281 and ALL of them work just fine except the blue color.   Canon has replaced the cyan blue with one called Photo Blue and it won't work in my machine.  can anyone provide a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Photo Blue is not a replacement for the Cyan ink. It is an additional color used in other printers.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 150141.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Photo Blue is not a replacement for the Cyan ink. It is an additional color used in other printers.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 150141.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks - I think you're right and my printer just won't use that ink.  What a waste - I didn't realize I would have to do extensive research to get the correct ink for this printer.  My mistake - I will never buy another Canon printer again.

Danny

Hi, Marjon!  Please let us know which specific printer from the PIXMA TR8500 series you have as that will help determine which inks it uses.

We look forward to your reply!

marjon
Apprentice

Series? Are you saying that a TR8500 has different series that require different ink?  

While the name PIXMA TR8500 refers to a family of printers that are available worldwide, each printer model within that family is region-specific.  For instance, the version of that printer offered in North America is the PIXMA TR8520 and it uses the PGI-280 and CLI-281 ink cartridges.  If your printer has a different model number, such as the European-specific PIXMA TR8550 for example, it won't work with inks designated for North America.

Hope that clears things up!

It is a PIXMA TR8500 from north america - all of the CLI-281 cartridges work, except the one in the package that is labeled PB 

Announcements