cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR7020 wireless printing says 'Load Paper' but there is paper in cassette

wongray
Apprentice

I have a TR7020 and am trying to print from a wireless connection on a Mac.  The printer doesn't print and when I check the status on the Mac it says to Load Paper but there is paper in the cassette.  When I test the printer by doing a copy it finds the paper and makes a copy.

This just started happening.  I tried resetting the printer and also updated the firmware but the problem still continues. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wongray,

What is the size and type of paper that is loaded in your printer?

If you are using letter sized plain paper, you can print from cassette.  Please follow these steps:

1.  In the program that you are printing from, please click on File and then Print.

2.  In the Print window, click on "Show details" at the bottom.  If you see "Hide details", go to the next step.

3.  In the drop down box in the middle, choose Media & Quality.

4.  From the Feed From drop down, choose Main tray.

5.  Click Print.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TR7000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_pc_basic.html

driver.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It turns out that I tried printing from another computer and the printer worked.  So I went back to original computer and de-installed the printer and then re-installed it.  Then printing worked.  Either the driver got corrupted or when I reinstalled a newer driver was used.   I hope this helps others who may have a similar problem. 

Announcements