cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer Mg3620 how do i print in black and white using Mac Computer

mstech08
Apprentice

Hi I am on a Mac computer

all is working fine with my printer but I would like to choose to print in black and white only  or is it called greyscale?

How do i do this? Maybe by removing the color cartridge? but is there a better way? thank you for any answer!

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi mstech08! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Mac is in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

I am having the same issue.  How do I print black & white from my MG3620?

mstech08
Apprentice

also I am using a  imac 

MacOS High Sierra

version 10.13.6

1.6 Ghz Intel Core i5

thank you

Hello.

Please perform the following to create a Grayscale preset for black and white printing:

1.  Open the Applications folder.

2.  Open the Textedit program.  When the program is open, a small white window will appear.

3.  Click File at the top left corner and choose Print.

4.  In the Print dialog screen, look for the third dropdown menu, labeled as 'Textedit'.

5.  Expand this Menu and choose 'Quality and Media'.

6.  In the Quality and Media menu, check the box labeled 'Grayscale'.

7.  Next, look up for the second dropdown menu, labeled 'Presets' or 'Standard'.

8.  Expand this menu and choose 'Save As'.

9.  Type in 'Grayscale' or 'Black and White', then click OK.

Once this has been done, ensure that the new preset is selected before printing. Simply change the preset back to 'Standard' for color printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements