cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma iP8720 simply stopped printing

GaryPCohen
Apprentice

Hi. I have a Canon Pixma iP8720 hooked up to a Mac running the Ventura and the printer had been performing just fine but out of the blue it stopped printing.  All the Canon inks are new, the driver is up-to-date, I cleaned and deep cleaned the heads and it is the only printer on the network. When I go to print, the machine makes all the appropriate sounds, and the paper acts as if it is being printed up, but a blank sheet is what comes out. Help, please!

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What software are you trying to print from? Have you tried different software programs?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

GaryPCohen
Apprentice

I have printed a test page (blank), Word doc (blank), E-mail on Mac (blank) and from Mac Notes.

When you print a nozzle check does that print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

JeffNY
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Just 3 year old printer lightly used Canon IP8720 printer and it said to replace the printhead. I did, same error. Are these fixable? Does Canon offer ANY support? My Canon i9900 lasted 15 or 16 years. Really disappointed in Canon now.

GaryPCohen
Apprentice

It simply doesn't print at all and Canon is no help. After signing up and registering, the answering machine at Canon can't find the phone number I used to register and thus they hang up on me.

We can understand how frustrating that can be!  If you haven't already done so, please make sure you're calling from the same number that you registered under so that our caller ID system can find you in our database.  Once that happens, you should be able to get right through.

Hope to talk to you soon!

I only have one phone number. It’s the one I registered with and the I called from, but no, not recognized. 

How do get customer support to fix a printer???

No reply on to messages sent to Canon on their Facebook page either. Unreal.

Announcements