cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX490

jenjen
Apprentice

My Canon MX490 is continuous cycling off and on.  It started all of a sudden when I turn it on this morning.

What happen?  Was there a virus released or malware?  Can this be fixed.

6 REPLIES 6

dtucker356
Apprentice

Same here, MX490 printer worked great on May 30, started it this morning and continuously turning on and off. Seems Canon pushed some updates and from what I am hearing all their WIFI printers are doing this now.

bbodaniel
Apprentice

I’m having the same issue with the same model. Turned it on this morning and it’s acting like it’s possessed! 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Canon is currently looking into this issue and any updates will be posted on the usa.canon.com website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

Could you be more specific about where on the website we would find updates?  usa.canon.com is a pretty big place.

Hi Arthur J- do you have any idea when Canon will get this fixed? I keep checking their website that you mentioned but I didn’t find anything. Or can you point me in the right direction if it’s on the website and I’m missing it? I’m hesitant to try that temporary fix that some people have done, I’d rather have the real fix from Canon but it’s been 3 days now that I’m without my printer. Thank you 🙂

I agree with you - I continue to wait for Canon to release some sort of fix.  Work arounds shouldn't be the solution from a large co with these many people with issues. I also am wondering where we will learn of the fix, if and when it comes.

Announcements