cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3650 printing but not scanning, usb connection,

sbbb
Apprentice

Hi. I've got a new computer in a new work area.  All was working perfectly before when on laptop with printer close to internet box, but now that am too far away to connect via wifi the scanner part of the printer won't connect.  I have a range extender but still a weak wifi signal.

The pc is connected to internet via a cable.

The printer is connected via usb cable to the pc box, and there's no problem with printing. In the printer settings it shows the printer and all is fine, but in it's scan settings it's not connected.

This is a new pc so all new drivers downloaded but I have nevertheless taken them off and reinstalled and same with Canon Image Garden app that I used on laptop. 

A very basic MS scan app connects but the quality is appalling. The only element I can change is the dpi and even at 600 it's bad - it's like a very bad photocopy, all nuance removed.  

I have downloaded Canon IJ scan utility too but that won't connect to the scanner/printer either

I need to work on pictures and will be scanning a lot, so I would much prefer if I can connect to my new pc and workspace.

I'm on windows 11 if that makes any difference.

Any constructive suggestions?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements