cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3650 & MP-101 Matte Photo Paper

OS94
Apprentice

Hi There, I have recently purchased mp-101 matte photo paper 50 a4 sheets x2 (over 30 euros) from The Canon Store for my Pixma MG3650 (red color printer). With the knowledge and comfort in seeing the compatibility list of all canon printers that "guarantee" compatibility, that included my printer.

I need help and advice here, as my printer jams immediately upon trying to take the above paper to print?
It flashes orange and states there is a jam. I do not know how else this paper will work with this said printer?
I have flipped the paper both sides, in hoping it was the issue but it still has not worked. I have brand new canon bought ink for the printer too. 
I am confused, why would canon advertise and promote this paper with this printer if it does not work? 

I need very important documents printed, so I am now panicked and highly stressed. 

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

What are you trying to print? Text? Photos? Borderless photos? Please elaborate.

While this printer will print 8.5" x 11" photos, it will only print BORDERLESS photos in 4" x 6" size.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@OS94 wrote:

Hi There, I have recently purchased mp-101 matte photo paper 50 a4 sheets x2 (over 30 euros) from The Canon Store for my Pixma MG3650 (red color printer). With the knowledge and comfort in seeing the compatibility list of all canon printers that "guarantee" compatibility, that included my printer.

I need help and advice here, as my printer jams immediately upon trying to take the above paper to print?
It flashes orange and states there is a jam. I do not know how else this paper will work with this said printer?
I have flipped the paper both sides, in hoping it was the issue but it still has not worked. I have brand new canon bought ink for the printer too. 
I am confused, why would canon advertise and promote this paper with this printer if it does not work? 

I need very important documents printed, so I am now panicked and highly stressed. 

Since that paper is a little thicker it can be tricky to load properly. Are you loading one sheet at a time? That works well with my printer.

If that doesn't work register your new printer and call Canon support.

Canon Support for PIXMA MG3620 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements