cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3520 will not print. Connected by USB to Macbook Pro, used to work just fine.

Kelsey_severa
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am trying to print using my Canon Pixma MG3520 Printer. It is connected to my computer via USB, and I am using a Macbook Pro running the latest software. This used to work just fine.

My computer is connected, as when I go to print, the document will go right to my printer queue. Also, when I unplugthe USB the message changes to "Printer not Connected", so it is recognizing the device. As soon as I click print, the error tab opens. At first, the document said "Printing" along the bottom and nothing would happen. Now it says "Ready to Print" along the bottom, and nothing happens.

There are a few different "Support Codes" that have popped up. At first, there was support code telling me my color ink was empty, which I know, but I am printing in black ink, which is full, so I don't know why that's important. However, after seeing that about five times, the message changed to "Support Code : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again." My printer is plugged in, turned on, and properly connected via USB. I have tried printing about twenty times, now. 

I don't know if this will help, but in addition to all the things popping on on my screen, the Wifi light on the physical printer is on and blue, and the two yellow lights which have a triangle symbol and the letters "CL" next to them keep blinking. This has never been an issue before.

I'm just really confused. I really don't want to go through the hassle of connecting via Wifi, but if that would, in fact, be easier, I wouldn't mind instruction on that either. 

Thank you! 

Kelsey

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mg3520user
Apprentice

In windows 7.0

Disconnect your printer.

Remove the printer from "devices and printers" from the start menu.

Stop all cannon services and programs.  That is turn everything related to cannon off.  You may want to restart your machine.

From the control panel used to manage "programs and features"  select the cannon 'xxx' series MP drivers and uninstall them.

If you get a message that indicates that the dirvers are in use try uninstalling all other cannon porgrams and then restarting.  This should delete entrys that startup in the backgroup upon boot.

Reinstall drivers using the instructions from cannon.

Announcements