cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA iP8720 Tilts and Chews Smaller Paper

ludarine
Apprentice

Got the iP8720 recently and everything has been almost perfect so far. I've done all that I can think of to get the printer to function as well as possible. However, whenever I put in a smaller paper size like 4x6 or 5x7, the printer takes the paper and tilts it mid-printing process and gets seems to get caught on the edge of the paper.

I've included an image of what it looks like when a smaller paper size prints out incorrectly. I've tried this on larger paper without any difficulties and done a few print head alignments to see if that would help.

Does anyone know anything I can try to get my smaller paper to not get caught up in my new printer?

IMG-4056.jpg

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ludarine! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your PIXMA iP8720 is pulling your smaller size photo paper to the side when feeding.

Please make sure that the paper guides are adjusted to match the paper width. The paper guides keep the paper from sliding to the side while feeding. You should also make sure that the paper is loaded in the portrait orientation. When properly loaded, the smaller size paper will be centered in the tray.

You’ll find illustrated instructions that will help you with loading the paper in the printer’s online manual. Here is a link to the page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/iP8700%20series/EN/BG/bg-loading1400.html

In Step 5, you’ll see the paper guides marked with the letter B. It also shows the paper being loaded in the portrait orientation. If adjusting the paper guides is not helping, I recommend that you remove the paper and look inside the tray for any objects that may have fallen in (like a pencil or pen).

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements