cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG5422 - how to change the destination on the printer

yoja1979
Contributor

The printer works great, but my pc died and I got a new pc.  The pc displayed on the printer is my old pc.  How do I change the printer?  It won't let me scan from the printer as it did before I changed pc's.  I can get it to scan from the pc but it will only do one page at a time.

Thanks.

Pat

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi yoja1979,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your computer's screen

2.  In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder

3.  In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility

4.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right corner of the IJ Scan Utility.

su0010.gif

5.  In the menu on the left, click on Document Scan.

Untitled.jpg

6.  In the middle, next to Data Format, please select PDF (Multiple Pages) from the drop down box.

Untitled1.jpg

7.  Click OK.

8.  Click the Document button in the IJ Scan Utility.

su004.gif

9.  Once the first page has scanned, place the next page and click Scan.  Once all of the pages are scanned, click EXIT.  The multiple page PDF will be created and saved on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi yoja1979,

Please try these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG5420.

2.  Press the button under SCAN.

3.  Press OK on PC.

4.  Press the button under Search again.

Untitled1.png

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi yoja1979,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
Are you using your PIXMA MG5422 wirelessly?  Or with a USB cable?

Windows 10

Wireless

Hi yoja1979,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your computer's screen

2.  In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder

3.  In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility

4.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right corner of the IJ Scan Utility.

su0010.gif

5.  In the menu on the left, click on Document Scan.

Untitled.jpg

6.  In the middle, next to Data Format, please select PDF (Multiple Pages) from the drop down box.

Untitled1.jpg

7.  Click OK.

8.  Click the Document button in the IJ Scan Utility.

su004.gif

9.  Once the first page has scanned, place the next page and click Scan.  Once all of the pages are scanned, click EXIT.  The multiple page PDF will be created and saved on your computer.

This worked great for the multiple page scanning.  Do you know how to get the PC name on the printers display changed to my new pc?

Hi yoja1979,

Please try these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG5420.

2.  Press the button under SCAN.

3.  Press OK on PC.

4.  Press the button under Search again.

Untitled1.png

Terrific!  I knew it couldn't be that difficult but it was driving me crazy figuring it out.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements