cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG5300. Scanner error msg: MP Navigator X quit unexpectedly. Tried downloading drivers.

neh
Apprentice

Canon PIXMA MG5300. Scanner error msg: MP Navigator X quit unexpectedly. Tried downloading drivers from your site, but still no go. What should I do? I'm on a Mac. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please download and install the latest CUPS printer driver, Scanner driver and MP Navigator from our website.  If the printer is being used wirelessly, download and install the IJ Network Tool as well.

Visit the following link to access the downloads:

MG5300 Series downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello neh!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what Mac operating system you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thanks! Should I edit my original message or post a new one? Had a hard time re-locating my original post, hence the duplicate today. Sorry... A bit new to this sytem! My operating systerm is OS X 10.9.4.

NEH

Hi, NEH!

We found your original post and to keep everything together, we moved it to this thread.  You should have an answer to your inquiry soon.

Thanks for contacting Canon!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please download and install the latest CUPS printer driver, Scanner driver and MP Navigator from our website.  If the printer is being used wirelessly, download and install the IJ Network Tool as well.

Visit the following link to access the downloads:

MG5300 Series downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

FABULOUS! Thanks a million. I'm in business again. Really appreciate the help.

Nancy

neh
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG5300 series multifunction printer/scanner. On on-screen function menu, there is a line through the scanner icon, and when I try to use the scanner, I get this message: MP Navigator X quit unexpectedly. What should I do?

Announcements