cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 won't go "online"

Jim8
Apprentice

The printer will not go online even though it is conned via WiFi. There is no toggle to go from offline to online. Pulling my hair out.

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jim8,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Next, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Is the name listed next to SSID the same name that your computer is connected to?

Using the down arrow, what is listed next to IPv4 Address? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jim8
Apprentice

IPv4 address is 192.168.50.231 The printer still does not print except for the Network Configuration Page. The printer icon from the Systems page indicates that the document is printing, and the blue line moves back & forth, but nothing is printed. I have rebooted the iMac and printer several times - no printing. I connected the cable from the printer to the Mac and it worked for a while. When I turn off the printer and back on - no printing. Shentel is my internet provider that creates a 5G and older signal. I don't know how to have the printer recognize only the older signal.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several time using the IG configuration and not the Bonjour.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jim8,

What version of OSX is installed on your Mac?

To determine this, please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then "About This Mac".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MAC OS Big Sur version 11.6.4

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements