cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 printing greenish tint

dasulliva5
Apprentice

Hi All-

I thought I would try for some help here.  My photo printer is printing all photos with a greenish tint.  Anyone have this problem?  Would hate to through out yellow and blue toner and put in new but will if that's the remedy.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok I feel dumb, the printer said the toner was 3/4 full but after pulling them out they were empty.  Put in new cartridges from amazon and what do ya know, they look great!  Appreciate everyone's help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

More information is needed.  What is your color management workflow?  i.e. starting with your photos, how are they captured (JPEG, RAW?) How are they being edited (color calibrated computer display?) and did you set up proper color management for the printer itself?

Can you divide-and-conquer?  Meaning, if you have a color calibrated computer display and take a photo of a color checker, do the colors look OK?   Divide-and-conquer will help determine where the fault lies.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for the reply.  They are jpeg files, I use the photos app on my laptop with microsoft 10 pro.  I don't adjust any settings and on screen the photo looks perfect.  Wondering if it may be the cheaper toner I bought off amazon or maybe need to clean the area where the toner goes in.  It sounds like you have good knowledge of this, what would suggest as a first step?

Without knowing if you calibrate your display though, is that photo actually perfect?  For example, if you use the wrong color balance under fluorescent lighting, it could lead to a green tint.   And perhaps you manually adjusted your monitor to compensate?

It could be the cheaper toner; I know that it's best to always use genuine Canon inks.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Unfortunately the photos are good. I'm going to try cleaning and then replacing the ink if that doesn't work.  Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I feel dumb, the printer said the toner was 3/4 full but after pulling them out they were empty.  Put in new cartridges from amazon and what do ya know, they look great!  Appreciate everyone's help.

CRickard
Apprentice

I just got rid of my canon MX922. I never had that problem. One day, I just got an error message that said it needed to go to a service center. I called them and they said pitch it. Not worth repairing. So disappointed. One day , it worked and next day nothing. Anyway, I am going to put on facebook to sell the brand new ink I bought for it. I have 1-Big black  c-250 XL ,  and I have 3 of the smaller ones  251's   . 1- magenta and 2 black.    If you are interested in buying them from me contact me at

rickards2015@gmail.com 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements