cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 - Support Code 2801

hamburglar
Apprentice

Currently receiving Support Code 2801 - Document in ADF any time I attempt to do ANYTHING with this beautiful piece of machinery. Unfortunately there are no documents in ADF, stuck or otherwise. Any insight y'all are able to provide would be mightily appreciated.

Many thanks...

4 REPLIES 4

motownrocker
Apprentice

I hope your machine is still under warranty as that was an issue I had a few months ago as well on my 922 and it ended up having to be replaced (under warranty).  If I recall, there was no way to "fix" that according to the support tech I was on the phone with.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hamburglar,

The 2801 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 is experiencing a paper jam in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).  To clear this error, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in the On Line Manual by following this link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX920%20series/EN/ERR/2801.html#wp1412911

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nothing is jammed but this support code does not go away. What else can we do?

Is there a way to reset to factory default?

katymcclasky
Apprentice
I’m having the same issue , is Patrick going to say what to do when it’s not a real paper jam? It says service is required if the problem isn’t resolved after clearing the ADF , I can pull a document that’s half way in , out under the lid , but it stopped carrying it through on its own because it thinks it’s too long. So it doesn’t seem to be a an issue with the moving parts , but just the sensor that says when the parts should move. So it could potentially be fixed with some kind of reset. I don’t know that the owners manual will actually give any kind of diy fixing information. My mx922 told me 6months ago that it was broken and unfixable and time for a new printer , yet it was fine after restarting it a couple times , And I’ve printed a lot sense then . It would be great to have any real tips on how to keep the machine going again ? Without having to get it serviced at all. Thanks
Announcements