cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 scanner not an option

hleelee
Contributor

I have Canon MX920, I can print but scanning is no longer an option? I downloaded and installed the scanner driver already. This is a new computer, on my old computer I could scan with no problem. But now I can't seem to do it. Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.35.13 PM.png

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, hleelee!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Mac OS Big Sure 11.2.3

I am on Big Sur 11.2.3. I am trying to scan wirelessly. 

Hi hleelee,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click 1 time on the Canon MX920 and then [-] at the bottom.

4.  Once removed, click the [+].

5.  In the Add window, a Canon MX920 listing with "IJ Network" will appear.  Click on that 1 time.

6.  At the bottom, next to "Use", please select Canon MX920 series from the drop down box if it is not already selected.

7. Click Add.

Once the printer is reinstalled, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I did that and it still doesn't show up. 

Previously this is what I saw:

PREVIOUS

Now this is what I see. Now

Hello,

Please try download and installing the two scanner files for the MX922 below. After the scanner drivers are installed, please remove and add the MX922 again.

misd-mac-ijscanner5-4_0_0-ea19_2.dmg

msd_-mac-mx920-19_2_0-ea11.dmg

If the scanner option does not appear like it did in your picture before, open the search finder on your mac and search for IJ Scan Utility. If you are able to open IJ Scan Utility, please try to scan. I see Patrick attached a link in his response about using IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I installed both of those, and re-added the printer. Still doesn't show up. 

I can open the IJ Scan Utility, but I'm not connect via USB. I need wireless scanning. 

Hi hleelee,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

I have this same issue with Big Sur and all the latest drivers from Canon. I just reinstalled them and removed and added the printers. Any help?

When adding a printer, it shows up as "Bonjour" rather than "Bonjour Multifunction" is that an Apple or Canon mistake?

Announcements