cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5700 will print wirelessly but won't scan

meganmorris
Apprentice

As of today, I'm no longer able to use the Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 application to scan items wirelessly from my Canon MG5700 scanner to my Mac (running OS 11.6.1). I've updated the printer to the latest firmware, but when I click any of the quick scan buttons I receive an error that it can't connect to the scanner.

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 3.15.07 PM.png

I am connected to the internet, and so is the printer because I can print wirelessly with no issue. I've restarted the printer as well as my computer but keep getting the same message. 

I've tried reinstalling the driver for this printer, but when I try to run the setup image that's downloaded from the Canon support page it quits unexpectedly and can't be run.

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 3.19.10 PM.png

Is this printer no longer supported? I haven't had it for even a year yet.

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact model printer in the PIXMA MG5700 series. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you

click here to view the gallery
Announcements