cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 3620 either printing every other page upside down on 2 sided printing. Help!

RainaJ
Apprentice

So I just got a Canon MG 3620 and I'm trying to print up a small 5X7 8 page booklet. I'm using basic 8.5x11 paper and printing two 5x7 pages on one side and two more on the other - four pieces of paper all together. So my issue is I can't figure out how to get it to stop either printing everything back ward OR when it doesn't do that the pages will be upright on one side and turn it over and everything is upside down. I'm sure there is some simple setting I'm missing but the online manual doesn't seem to address it!

I've skimmed the forums and I've seen answers to this for other printers but I need one with this printers set up because they're similar but  not the same. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I have a document I need to submit tomorrow and I can't figure this out. 

P.S in case it makes any difference I've tried printing from both the InDesign document and from a PDF. Also I'm using a Mac.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Seems your issue had a deadline...  This is when you make a judement call and go to Kinkos. 

Takes the pressue off and now you have the time to figure out why your booklet isn't printing as expected. 

There is likely an "invert" checkbox.  Unfortunately, printing from a MAC might have other limitations depending on the OS version and print driver being used.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I never did figure it out but a friend said she would use her printer for me so that's good. I still am trying to figure out why it prints upside down, though. There isn't an 'invert' checkbox but there is a 'reverse page orientation' and a 'flip horizontally' I tried both of them separately and together and it still printed one side upside down and the other rightsize up. 😕 Thanks for the reply though!

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RainaJ,

Are you using page layout printing? Please click HERE for detailed information.

We look forward to your reply.

Yes, I was using layout and it still did that. 😞 

I had the same problem on a booklet. Change the binding side from long-side to short-side binding or vice-versa. It will change the expected direction of page turning. This is found under layout by the way.

Announcements