cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you print on the back of the page with the PIXMA TS3522?

-nesha-
Apprentice

Does anyone know that if once you print a paper can you put it back it so that something else can be printed on the backside? Do you have to already have it front and back before printing? I am trying to make something similar to a obituary but I need to know if i can print the front different from the back, using the method above so i don't have to use so much paper and ink. but if you know another way that it can be done with front and back printed at the same time, it will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

Your printer only prints simplex (single-sided), so you'll have to manually do things in order to print duplex (both sides).

Here's what I have done in situations like this:

1. Take a sheet of paper and draw some symbol on one side in the upper left corner (perhaps a star).
  2. Feed the sheet into the printer and make note of the orientation.  e.g. feed the paper so that the symbol you drew is on the front side of the page (i.e. you didn't flip it around to the backside).  Also, make note if the symbol is on the edge closest or further away from the printer's input.
  3. Print a simple one-page document (can just be a single sentance from a word processing document).
  4. Look at the printed output and how it relates to the symbol you drew.  That should then tell you how to reload the paper to print on the other side such that you can create your booklet (i.e. the printed material on the other side will be the right-way-up when turning pages in your booklet.
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

Your printer only prints simplex (single-sided), so you'll have to manually do things in order to print duplex (both sides).

Here's what I have done in situations like this:

1. Take a sheet of paper and draw some symbol on one side in the upper left corner (perhaps a star).
  2. Feed the sheet into the printer and make note of the orientation.  e.g. feed the paper so that the symbol you drew is on the front side of the page (i.e. you didn't flip it around to the backside).  Also, make note if the symbol is on the edge closest or further away from the printer's input.
  3. Print a simple one-page document (can just be a single sentance from a word processing document).
  4. Look at the printed output and how it relates to the symbol you drew.  That should then tell you how to reload the paper to print on the other side such that you can create your booklet (i.e. the printed material on the other side will be the right-way-up when turning pages in your booklet.
--
Ricky

Thank you! I am perfectly fine with having to do it manually. Also do you know if 28 weight paper can be accepted in this model? It's the perfect thickness for my little project.

Yes, 28 lb paper weight is supported.  See the bottom of this Supported Media Types page (online manual for TS3500 series printers) for details.

--
Ricky

Thank you!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements