cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Version 16 of PIXMA MX920 driver for Mac

jbreef
Contributor

I have used Image Garden to print custom CD/DVD labels directly on the disc with my MX922.  After upgrading the printer driver to version 16 the print to disc function is broken.  When I select Print in image garden the disc print dialog is no longer displayed.  The software opens the generic printer dialog which does not have an option to print to a disc and will only print to paper.  Fortunately, I have am iMac that has version 15 of the printer driver and Image Garden works as expected on that Mac.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the install medium for version 15 so I can't take all my Macs back to version 15.  My MacBook with version 16 is running MacOS 11.6 and the iMac is running 10.7.  Both Macs are running Image Garden 3.6.4 so the only difference is the version of the printer version.  Does anyone know of an avenue to report a software/driver bug to Canon support?  So far I have not found any way to report a bug on either of the websites nor is there a bug reporting option in the software.  Guess Canon doesn't want to know when they distribute buggy software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jbreef,

Computers that are running newer versions of the MacOS prefer to use AirPrint even when the Canon driver is installed. Because of that, the print window will not have the correct disc printing options. To fix this, you can go to the computer settings for My Image Garden and remove the checkmark for the “Print/scan Using AirPrint” option.

Please follow these steps:

1. Open the My Image Garden program on your computer.
  2. In the menu bar at the very top of your computer screen (where the Apple icon is located), click on MY IMAGE GARDEN.
  3. Select PREFERENCES from the submenu that opens.
  4. When the Preferences window appears, click on the box for “Print/scan using AirPrint” to remove the checkmark that is in the box.
  5. Once the checkmark is removed, click on the OK button at the bottom.

If you are using an older version of My Image Garden, you will not see a “Print/scan using AirPrint” option. Instead, please remove the checkmark in the box next to “Print/scan using the operating system’s default function.” Then, click OK.

You will see illustrations for these instructions in the following website:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168412

After you have made this setting change, you should get the disc printing options back when you go to print a disc label.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for contributing to the Canon Community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jbreef,

On your MacBook, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click one time on the Canon printer in the list on the left.

Once highlighted, on the right side, below the image of the printer, what is listed to the right of "Kind"?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon MX920 Series.  I have also installed the printer driver as Canon MX920 Series-AirPrint and get the same results in Version 16.

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jbreef,

Computers that are running newer versions of the MacOS prefer to use AirPrint even when the Canon driver is installed. Because of that, the print window will not have the correct disc printing options. To fix this, you can go to the computer settings for My Image Garden and remove the checkmark for the “Print/scan Using AirPrint” option.

Please follow these steps:

1. Open the My Image Garden program on your computer.
  2. In the menu bar at the very top of your computer screen (where the Apple icon is located), click on MY IMAGE GARDEN.
  3. Select PREFERENCES from the submenu that opens.
  4. When the Preferences window appears, click on the box for “Print/scan using AirPrint” to remove the checkmark that is in the box.
  5. Once the checkmark is removed, click on the OK button at the bottom.

If you are using an older version of My Image Garden, you will not see a “Print/scan using AirPrint” option. Instead, please remove the checkmark in the box next to “Print/scan using the operating system’s default function.” Then, click OK.

You will see illustrations for these instructions in the following website:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168412

After you have made this setting change, you should get the disc printing options back when you go to print a disc label.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for contributing to the Canon Community.

Fixed it, thanks.

Announcements