Several weeks ago my wi-fi connected MG7720 printer began to print text documents from my Windows 10 PC veeeeeery slowly with long pauses between each pass of the print head. All printer settings, wi-fi settings, and router settings appear to be fine. All drivers seem to be up to date. E-mails to Canon have not been helpful; answers failed to address the issue. Does anybody have a clue about what's going on? Where do I start looking: printer, PC, router, or somewhere else? Tks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Try moving the printer closer to your router to see if this improves communication.
If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
I had the same problem on my MG6620. The default printing properties was "custom" on the paper size. Once I changed this to 8 /12 x 11 as the paper size and updated the drivers it works just fine, even on quiet printing.
I believe it was the paper size issue.
I have this problem also, mg7720. first the printer stopped scanning - it went through the process but the image didn't get transferred back to the computer. i thought it was due to a recent windows 11 update, KB5008353. i uninstalled the update, the printer now scans, but prints very slowly, pausing between each pass of the print head. and now when printing photos only half the photo prints.
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG7700 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG7700's are removed from this window.
5. Click Close to close that window. If you are using your PIXMA MG7720 with a USB cable, please disconnect it now.
6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
8. Click once on "Canon MG7700 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
10. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG7700 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "m68n-win-mg7700-1_00-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted, if you are using one.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.