cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Lines on Scanned Documents with no ADF Feeder

tavacoh
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG3022. When scanning/copying a document (using the platten for anything) a black line shows up on the scan. It gets printed and wastes ink. All the other issues I've read say its the small glass plate on the ADF feeder but my printer doesnt have an ADF feeder. If I can't fix this, I'll have to buy another printer. attached a scan from todayImage (2).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tavacoh.

That black line indicates a hardware malfunction of that section of the MG3022's scanning element; the printer will need to be replaced.  If the printer was purchased more than one year ago, we can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

If the printer is within warranty, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI for help with warranty service options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

New problem? 

How long have you owned this printer?

Did it ever work?

How big is the page you are trying to scan? 

What paper settings are you using?

Are you scanning with the cover open?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I've had the printer almost three years. This is the first time I've had this issue with it. It was in storage for a few months while I was at basic training. I got medically discharged and went back to work so I got it out a couple months ago. I recently replaced the black ink cartridge and set it up in my new office. The printer prints fine from the computer, but anything scanned on the platten produces the black line.

I scan with the lid closed

the paper settings were on letter at first but I changed it to A4 to try to bypass the line; that didn't work either.

I'm scanning letter sized documents.

Used to work perfectly; no issues until now.

It has never done this before, but it seems it will have to be replaced if there is no fix for it.

Hi tavacoh.

That black line indicates a hardware malfunction of that section of the MG3022's scanning element; the printer will need to be replaced.  If the printer was purchased more than one year ago, we can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

If the printer is within warranty, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI for help with warranty service options.

Announcements